roastedSpiderroastedSpider

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Mario Kart Forever Mario Kart Forever

Stunning. Simply stunning.

This is the *only* remix I have heard of the Mario Kart credits that even comes close to Sole Signal's "Days End" (ocremix.org, and somewhere here too I think), and I think you've actually surpassed it. Superb work catching the feel and emotion of the song, while adding your own little touches here and there. Honeslty wish I could give a 6/5 and a 11/10. Phenomenal...

Interception Interception

Just needs a bit of touch-up

I would say to remove the clapping hands early on (or add tons more, to sound like a huge crowd or mob stomping at once), and to really amp up the number and intensity of the choir about halfway through the song. But great job, and I'm glad not to hear a simple remix!

Nanashi responds:

Thanks. Good feedback
But one little problem. There aren't any clapping sounds in this song. You might be hearing the sticks sound. That's the sound of a 'drumstick' being hit against the rim of a Japanese drum, but I suppose it could use some chorus.

{Irish Jig} {Irish Jig}

Great potential

I would say at 0:22 you should amp up the theme with a small brass/large strings support, still keeping the hornpipe/bagpipe as the prominent instrument, with lots of drums instead of just one towards the end, and a half-dozen layered bagpipes instead of the single one at around 0:40.
Although this would change the feel of your song from a lighter and smaller piece to a more orchestral one, I personally think it would be an amazingly entrancing piece. Good work!

flashpantss responds:

Thanks!

I completely agree that this can be a big orchestral piece. But, when i made this I planned on making a light and small song.

thanks again for the review.

Flying1 Flying1

A good start.

I'd say to amp up the melody over the bass line, as they are currently approximately the same volume, and it drowns out the song's overall melody and makes it sound flat and boring...

ParagonX9 - Blue Marine ParagonX9 - Blue Marine

Pretty good

Nice to hear something other then the Chaoz series for a change. However, the song feels somewhat repetitive. Perhaps you could alter the octave of the melody every once in a while to make it a bit more engaging...

[RC]Orchestral Theme 1 [RC]Orchestral Theme 1

Not bad at all

The uplifting beginning and ending sections are good, but the dead space in the middle kind of kills the epicness. I would recommend using a countermelody of some sort during that, with the original melody slowly building until the second half of the music. But good job so far!

rcvtk responds:

Thx for your review and suggestions. I'm trying to improve my skills in my future tracks. Thx

---rcvtk---

Orchestral Theme 3 Orchestral Theme 3

Interesting

This sounds very similar to the music from both Sins of a Solar Empire as well as Mechwarrior 4 (The background ambient tune sounds like the loading screen music). Were you inspired by either of these, or is it just a coincidence?

Gravey responds:

I mentioned in the authors comments section that the soundtrack to Dante's Inferno is what inspired this piece. I've actually never even heard of the first game. And I've never played Mechwarrior.

-Gravey-

Rayman - Dream Forest Rayman - Dream Forest

Awesome

I've been waiting for a good remix of this song, and I finally found one :D My only grievance is that it takes almost a quarter of the song to get to the main tune. But when it arrives, it's flawless. Wonderful job!

Orinoco Lollipop Orinoco Lollipop

Actually pretty good

Normally I'm not a big fan of hip-hop, but this actually meshed very well (The harmony-counter-harmony worked well). Cool, and good job!

Warcraft II - Human #1 Warcraft II - Human #1

Awesome

I was afraid at first that you'd simply taken the midi as-is, but this is obviously much more beefed-up then the original, and makes for epic battle music! :D